Hollywood Squares is a classic game show where contestants play tic-tac-toe with “celebrities” in squares, answering trivia questions to win squares and the game. Answer questions and try to beat your opponent in a game of tic tac toe!
Here are the basic rules:
- Setup: The game is played with two contestants and a grid of nine squares, each occupied by a celebrity.
- Objective: The main goal is for a contestant to get three squares in a row, either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- At the start of each round, the host asks a celebrity in a square a trivia question.
- The celebrity provides an answer, which may or may not be correct. They are allowed, and often encouraged, to bluff.
- The contestant must then decide whether to agree or disagree with the celebrity’s answer.
- If the contestant’s judgment (agree or disagree) is correct, they win that square; if not, their opponent wins the square, unless it would give them a win—then the square remains unclaimed.
- Play continues until a contestant successfully claims three squares in a row, or a five-square win, which happens if the board fills up and no three-in-a-row is achieved.
- Winning the Game:
- When a contestant wins tic-tac-toe or they have the most squares when all the squares are filled.
Hollywood Squares” is as much about comedy and celebrity personalities as it is about trivia, making it a light-hearted and entertaining game show
Please register below or by email: Alyssa@WeThriveTogether.org.