Cooking with Heidi
Join Heidi and learn to cook something new each week. The recipe for this week can be found below. Please RSVP through our website at www.WeThriveTogether.org, by email at alyssa@WeThriveTogether.org, or by phone at Toll Free: 1-866-584-5640.
Stuffed Pepper Soup:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/8 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook and stir beef and onions until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain. Stir in next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until peppers are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add cooked rice; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes longer. If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.