What do we mean when we say creative thinking? Creative thinking refers to using abilities and soft skills to come up with new solutions to problems. Creative thinking skills are techniques used to look at the issue from different and creative angles, using the right tools to assess it and develop a plan. Make your immediate surroundings as beautiful or eccentric as you can. Go somewhere new-as close as a restaurant you’ve never tried or as far as China. Spend 10 minutes a daydreaming out the window. Don’t censor yourself. Do something new or something old in a brand-new way.
So, why is creative thinking so important in our everyday lives? Creativity will challenge your mind, enhance your brain, and give you the ability to think outside of the box. You ever get bored at home use creative thinking.
- Consume content that’s way outside your comfort zone.
- Write a 500 word article with no topic whatsoever.
- Go see a movie in a movie theater.
- Take a phone call with someone you don’t know.
- Eat differently.
- Do the “No Bad Ideas Brainstorming” exercise.