68% of people say they have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep at least once a week. But no one wants to take those dreaded sleeping pills that leave you feeling groggy and drowsy in the morning. Do you have trouble sleeping but hate taking sleeping pills? Well we might have the solution for you, here are some tips to sleep better without the use of sleeping pills.
- Stick to a schedule- going to bed around the same time every night can help your body to set a rhythm and make it easier to fall asleep at that time.
- Sleep only at night- taking naps during the day can make falling asleep at night very difficult.
- Exercise- exercise has been known to help you sleep better because the body uses this time to recover.
- Taking a hot shower- taking a hot shower before bed can relax your muscles and make it easier to fall asleep.
- Avoid eating before bed- try and give yourself at lest 2 hours between eating and going to sleep to allow proper digestion.
- Avoid caffeine- caffeine keeps you awake and can make it hard to fall asleep at night.
- Make the room cooler- a cooler room temperature can make it easier to fall asleep.
- Silence- having a silent room with no distractions such as music or tv can make it easier to fall asleep.
- Avoid alcohol- alcohol before bed may make you fall asleep easier, but it can cause you to wake up during the night.
Start improving your sleeping habits with these simple medication free steps!
Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together. -Thomas Dekker