Your Voice Matters: Speak-Up
Each year, people with developmental disabilities experience many transitions. For example, graduating from school, getting a new job, moving into a new home, setting new life goals, or changing providers or direct support professionals. When you speak up for yourself you can determine what happens in your life. By being your own advocate, you will unlock your potential and build the confidence you need to live a good life.
Transition planning is a partnership between the individual, their family, service providers, and local community members. It’s a bridge between a person’s current situation and their future.
Join us to hear how individuals, family members, and service providers advocate for game changing services. Meet awesome advocates from across the region who lead by example. Have a ton of fun.
2022 Self-Advocacy Tour Dates
- Sat, Jul 30 – NW Ohio – Owens Community College | 1:00 – 4:00 P.M
- Sun, Jul 31 – Central Ohio – The Ohio State University | 1:00 – 4:00 P.M
- Sat, Aug 13 – NE Ohio – Cuyahoga Community College | 1:00 – 4:00 P.M
- Sat, Aug 20 – SE Ohio – Ohio University | 1:00 – 4:00 P.M
- Sun, Aug 21 – SW Ohio – Miami University | 1:00 – 4:00 P.M
- Panel Discussions (90 min)
- Leverage Technology to Gain Independence
- Self Advocacy: Share Your Voice To Maximize Your Life
- Success in Transition: Choose Your Own Adventure
- Fun and Games (90 min)