Current state of Readiness: Contemplation
Individuals openly state their intent to change within the next 6 months and are more aware of the benefits of changing, but remain aware of the costs.
Our Goal: To encourage and motivate you to make specific plans.
Featured Videos & Articles
Reasons Why You Should Manage Your Stress
The ability to manage your stress is an important skill to have as stress can negatively impact all areas of your life including work, relationships, health, and we’ll-being.
- Stress is found to be a component to heart disease, diabetes, ulcers, impotence and a decreased sexual drive.
- Stress can cause emotional eating, substance abuse, and a lack of motivation to start or maintain healthy behaviors.
- Chronic stress can greatly increase the likelihood of developing symptoms of depression, anxiety, or other mental health difficulties.
- Managing your stress can mean a longer, happier and healthier life.
- Managing your stress can increase your productivity and make you a better employee, co-worker or supervisor.
- Managing your stress gives you more patience, tolerance, and helps you be a happier and more effective friend, partner, parent, and community member.
- Managing your stress will improve your relationships.
- Managing your stress will prepare you to take on life’s challenges.
Being able to manage stress through effective coping skills and stress management techniques can make you a happier and healthier individual.