The human body is made up of about 60% water. Therefore, hydration is a key part to living a healthier lifestyle and has so many health benefits that most people are not even aware of. If you feel thirsty it is likely that your body is already not sufficiently hydrated. A key part to hydration is to know that drinking juices, sodas, and coffee is not proper hydration. While those beverages might taste good, they are not giving you enough daily hydration.
Health Benefits to Hydration:
- Less Fatigue
- Reduce High Blood Pressure
- Stop Allergies and Asthma
- Reduce Acne, Dermatitis, Psoriasis, and Aging of the Skin
- Stop High Cholesterol
- Eliminate Digestive Disorders
- Flush Out Unwanted Bacteria from the Bladder and Kidney
- Speed Up Joint and Cartilage Repair
- Stop Gaining Unwanted Weight
Are You Drinking Enough Water?
You should be drinking about 2 liters or half a gallon of water each day, this is equivalent to eight 8-ounce glasses of water. An easy way to remember this is the 8×8 rule. Drinking enough water each day is a super simple way to stay healthy. If you have not been drinking 8 glasses of water a day its not to late to start.
Try it out and the improvements in your health will speak for themselves!
Thousands have lived without love, not one without water. -W. H. Auden