Deep breathing maximizes your oxygen intake which aids relaxation and can be a great technique for reducing stress. Deep breathing on a regular basis can lead to many benefits for your body.
- Makes you calmer
- Helps detoxify the body
- Relieves pain
- Makes you happier
- Improves posture
- Increases cardiovascular capacity
- Gives you energy
- Improves digestion
- Strengthens your major organs
If deep breathing is done correctly it can have all of these positive effects on your body. But what is the proper way to perform deep breathing. Many people think it is just breathing normally, but it is very different than that because it requires focus.
How to Deep Breath:
- Find a comfortable position either lying down or sitting
- Close your eyes to help you focus
- Place one hand on your stomach and the other on your chest
- Take deep breaths focusing on the rise and fall of your belly as you inhale and exhale
- Continue this as long as you see fit (recommended 4-8 breath cycles 1-3 times every day)
If you follow these steps, you will be on your way to a much healthier and more stress-free life!
Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breath and try again. -KT Witten