Cooking with Heidi
Join Heidi and learn to cook something new each week. The recipe for this week can be found below. Please RSVP through our website at www.WeThriveTogether.org, by email at alyssa@WeThriveTogether.org, or by phone at Toll Free: 1-866-584-5640.
Beefy Noodle Casserole:
12 ounces egg noodles uncooked
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/4 lbs lean ground beef I use 90% lean
1 onion finely chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
16 ounces canned tomato sauce
15 ounce can diced tomatoes drained, I prefer to use the small diced (petite cut) variety
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil; add the egg noodles and cook according to package directions. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until onion has softened and beef is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes and Italian seasoning to the beef and stir to combine.
- Drain the noodles and add to the pan with the beef; toss to combine.
- Pour the beef and noodle mixture into a 9″x13″ baking pan that’s been coated in cooking spray. Top with cheddar cheese.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.